Several Issues with Beta 7

cliffell56
cliffell56
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Not sure where we are supposed to leave evaluation of Beta 7. I'm a longtime user all the way back to 1Password 3. I upgraded to the Beta 7 today on my laptop, a 2014 MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.4. Here are some issues I've encountered so far: 1) Beta 7 doesn't allow me to drag and drop PDF files of my receipt, etc to the attachments pane, 2) When I change the window and column sizing on the main window, when I quit and go back to it, everything resets to the old layout, 3) When I finally signed up on this support forum, I entered my email, new user name and password. Surprisingly, 1Password never popped up the window to save the new log-in information, 4) I thought the Safari extension didn't need to be loaded, included with the install, but when I loaded things up I got notice in the mini menu that I needed to download and install the browser extension. That's what I discovered in the first 10 minutes of using it. Let me know if my expectations are wrong. Thanks.

1Password Version: Beta 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• cliffell56
    cliffell56
    Community Member

Is there anyway to uninstall this program- it's a mess. Will not save password info on new sign-ins, when I do a manual entry and go to sign in on this forum, it doesn't find the info. For websites I already have entered from the past, it doesn't auto fill in the sign-in info. Never had a problem before, but I'm finding Beta 7 to be a real painful mess. I don't want to use it until something gets cleaned up. I realize it's Beta, but come on, it should at least do the basics it was designed to do. Again, how do I uninstall Beta 7 and go back to using 1Password 6?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

Welcome to the forum, @cliffell56!

I'm a longtime user all the way back to 1Password 3.

Thanks! You long-time users are literally what has allowed 1Password to become what it is today. :)

1) Beta 7 doesn't allow me to drag and drop PDF files of my receipt, etc to the attachments pane

Huh. It works just fine here for standalone 1Password. You do have to click "Edit" on the record in question for this to work, but that's the same as it was in version 6, I believe. Try it: select a record (or create a disposable new one for testing). Save it in 1Password. Click "Edit" to re-open editing, and drag/drop a file onto that specified drag/drop location. One note: there is a 5MB upper limit for attachments, so if you've got a particularly large PDF, that may be the issue. Try it with a smaller screenshot or jpg file.

2) When I change the window and column sizing on the main window, when I quit and go back to it, everything resets to the old layout

Yup, this bug has already been filed, and we hope to have a fix for it out soon. Thanks for reporting! :)

3) When I finally signed up on this support forum, I entered my email, new user name and password. Surprisingly, 1Password never popped up the window to save the new log-in information.

Weird! I just tried with dummy data, and 1Password worked just fine. Not sure what happened, but if you used 1Password to generate a password for our forum, that item will be saved in the Passwords category. Sort it by Dated Created, and you'll find it right at the top. If you head over to the Login page of this forum and enter your credentials (pasting the password you copied), it should work. Give it a try!

4) I thought the Safari extension didn't need to be loaded, included with the install, but when I loaded things up I got notice in the mini menu that I needed to download and install the browser extension.

It doesn't. But it does require that you restart Safari, if it was running while you were loading 1Password 7 for Mac. Try quitting Safari and restarting. Open Preferences > Extensions and let me know what you see there. You should see only the 1Password 7 for Mac extension. If you subsequently added the older 4.7.90 extension (which shouldn't even be possible), things will definitely get unpredictable. Let me know what you discover!

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member

@Lars Don't you mean Preferences > Extensions?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@steve23094 - Indeed! Well-spotted. Not sure what kinda weird distraction led me to type Security instead of Extensions. Thanks for catching it! :) I've edited my original reply for clarity.

• cliffell56
    cliffell56
    Community Member

I will try out your recommendations when I reinstall Beta 7, however, at the moment I uninstalled it and reverted back to 6. I encountered too many problems. To answer a couple of your suggestions- I did restart Safari and still had the prompt to get the Extension. Also, I did have the entry set to edit when I tried the drag and drop but it would not accept the PDF. I will wait for a more stable version to reinstall.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cliffell56 -- sounds good. Sorry for the trouble you've experienced, but I just can't reproduce the errors you're seeing - any of them.

This discussion has been closed.