Beta 7 - font too small

daylight54
daylight54
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Please provide a way to increase the font size - it is too small for anyone with less than normal eyes (e.g. some of us old folks). I should have to take the extra steps to "show in large type" to see the fields and the categories are barely readable when I squint. I didn't have a problem with 1Password 6.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• 1Douglas
    1Douglas
    Community Member

Agreed.
    On a 2k, 32 inch monitor it becomes even more of a chore.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hey @daylight54 and @1Douglas - I'm in your camp: my first pair of glasses was in the first grade and I'm 51 now, so I come by my terrible eyesight honestly. 😉

I'll pass along your request, for sure, but due to 1Password's three-pane layout as well as the constraints of the database fields themselves, adding font size adjustability might result in some unexpected layout problems. Not saying we won't do this, just that it's not as easy as adding font adjustability into something like a word processor. Have you considered altering the resolution of your display device as a workaround (or maybe even a permanent solution)?

• daylight54
    daylight54
    Community Member

I already changed my resolution on a permanent basis. The font size in the center panel is OK

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@daylight54 - So, you mean the item list panel? The one that looks like it's all done in a bold font? I don't know that it would be possible to try to render everything in a font that size...but we'll see if there's anything we can do. Thanks again for reporting.

• daylight54
    daylight54
    Community Member

Yes that’s it.

• Alrighty, we'll look into that! :+1:

• daylight54
    daylight54
    Community Member

I'm not sure why you say it won't be possible since there is plenty of room for a larger and clearer font.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@daylight54 - certainly it is at the window-size and resolution you've rendered it there. :) However, not everyone has the screen real estate or resolution to render the main 1Password window that size -- or wishes to. However, as Jacob mentioned, we'll have a look at what can be done on this issue. Thanks!

• user314
    user314
    Community Member

I hope you can find a way to increase the font size. Bold font would also help. Field contents are very hard to see for us oldsters.
    Add me to the list of those who would like a larger font.

• Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.