Authentication Error Popup in Chrome

TJdohertyCvl
TJdohertyCvl
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

FWIW ... When I am in Chrome and open 1P Beta extension for the first time, I get the prompt for my master password. The screen will open with my vault, but I always get an "Authentication Error" message. Have not been able to clear it.

1Password Version: 7.0.1 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @TJdohertyCvl,

Thanks for reporting this.

We reuse the same banners in both the main window and 1Password mini, so that you're aware of any issues.

When clicking on that, it should've taken you to the sign-in view for your 1Password account.

Try this:

1. Open the main 1Password window
    2. Unlock (or lock and unlock) and wait for the red banner to show up and click on it, it should then show you the sign-in view for your 1Password account. Sign in and the error should not pop up anymore.

Let me know if that helps.

• TJdohertyCvl
    TJdohertyCvl
    Community Member

I am a 1P4 user. Because I am not a 1P6 member, I don't have a "secret key" to enter. I had a trial account at one time, but it is not active any longer.

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @TJdohertyCvl,

In that case, sign out of the original account that 1Password 7 still have in its database. Open the main 1Password 7 app and go to the Accounts Menu on the titlebar to expand the menu for the original account and sign out there.

• TJdohertyCvl
    TJdohertyCvl
    Community Member

Did that. Still getting the authentication error.

• Hi @TJdohertyCvl,

That means 1Password thinks you still have an account in your 1Password database. It is possible you may have an old bug from the earliest 1Password 6 version you had before but it should be fixed by now. Did you try restarting 1Password completely? Try going to the 1Password Menu > Exit and restart 1Password, it should not show any accounts in the Accounts menu.

If you still see it, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• TJdohertyCvl
    TJdohertyCvl
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the help. Whatever happened in the interim - maybe reopening 1P did the trick.

• Hmm, I tested this a few times now, it removed it promptly and I didn't see any traces. A restart shouldn't be required but we'll keep an eye on this.

Thanks for mentioning that!

This discussion has been closed.