Empty Trash and Rename Vault

GBol
GBol
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Is there a way to empty the trash on the Version 7 Beta? I am also unable to rename my primary vault, but that may be due this being a Beta version. More icon choices or the ability to add your own for the vault would be nice.

1Password Version: 7 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @GBol!

I am also unable to rename my primary vault, but that may be due this being a Beta version.

Nope. The default vault in standalone 1Password has always been called "Primary."

Is there a way to empty the trash on the Version 7 Beta?

Sure - right click on the trash and choose "Empty Trash" from the pop-up selection.

• GBol
    GBol
    Community Member

Right clicking does not work. I did try that, unless I am right clicking in the wrong place. When I right click, (control click on a Mac) on the trash icon nothing happens. If I do so on the name of an item in the trash, I do not get an empty trash option.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@GBol - Can I ask: what DO you see when you Control-click on the Trash in the left sidebar? Nothing? There should be a pop-up menu. The only reason you might not be able to empty the trash would be if you were part of a 1Password Teams or 1Password Families account in which the administrator of the account had restricted your ability to empty the trash. Are you using 1Password standalone, or do you have one or more 1password.com accounts?

• GBol
    GBol
    Community Member

The problem was that a control click on the Mac does not work. I had to do it from the Magic Trackpad and did get the menu. Am I to assume that the primary vault cannot be renamed?

• Hi @GBol ,

Thanks for writing in. You can also empty the trash by choosing "Empty Trash…" from the "1Password 7" menu in the menu bar. But control-clicking should work. I'll raise the issue with the development team.

FYI, you can not rename the Primary vault. That has always been the case.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: 486

• GBol
    GBol
    Community Member

Great. Thanks.

• Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.