Beta 5: Firefox extension oddities (unable to update)

Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have seen references to Firefox 1Password 7 beta extension 4.7.1.3 but am unable to obtain it. (My Firefox version is 59.0.2 and I have version 4.7.1.2 of the extension installed.) The oddities are as follows:

Stephen

1Password Version: 1Password 7.0.BETA-5
Extension Version: 4.7.1.2
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Sorry to reply to my own post but for the benefit of anyone else who has the same problem the only way I was able to install the 4.7.1.3 extension was to remove from Firefox the older version and then download direct from the relevant extensions page (first enabling betas, of course). For what it's worth, I still have the first problem outlined above (i.e. 1Password 7 > Install Browser Extensions... redirecting to the wrong page—after, I notice, initially flashing up in the URL bar the correct address).

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@Stephen_C, long time no see, it's great to hear from you :smile: I've filed a bug report for the broken menu option. I'm not sure why 4.7.1.3 isn't being offered as an automatic update, everything I've checked looks to be in place. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see if things correct themselves or if something somewhere needs to get whacked with a big hammer.

ref: apple-444

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables thanks for the response: good to be in touch again. I'm glad the broken menu option wasn't just me! I'll leave the rest to your eye and the optional big hammer if appropriate.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I confess I hadn't realised the menu option was broken until we started seeing the reports, I'm just so used to accessing the page directly with the assistance of TextExpander that I'd almost forgotten about the menu option entirely. Hopefully the big hammer won't be required but you know what computers can be like just as much as I do :lol:

This discussion has been closed.