Phone has doubled the items

TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Wanted to use my new membership account on the phone. In Settings the only option is to add amount, which unfortunately I did. So now the phone has pretty much two of everything. Is the best thing to delete the app and download it again from TestFlight? Or some other way to wipe it?

Thanks very much.

1Password Version: 7b5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not sure what's syncing now

Comments

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Reinstalling the app did it.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Now the Mac app has doubled content. Trashing the application doesn't clear it here of course.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Tried again. Trashed app. Downloaded 6.8.8 from the link in my browser profile. Launched the app and used the scanner on the emergency kit PDF. All seemed good except the browser has

while the Mac app has

The trash count is a little different as well, 43 and 44.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

The problem was the Mac was looking at the vault in iCloud. It then saw two vaults, which is why everything looked double. I can now select the personal vault, but still have the iCloud vault available. Curious though why the processes has generated 18 more entries when going from iCloud to membership. I know it generated some new ones, but not 18.

• Hi @TomWolsky Sorry about all the trouble here. I mentioned in another thread that you posted that you need to remove 1Password 6 for 1Password 7 to work properly. On your phone, it sounds like you might have two copies of your vault. Are there still duplicates there?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

There was both the Primary vault from iCloud and the Personal vault from membership. They were both on. This happened on both the phone and the Mac. After I switched off the iCloud vault, the duplicates were gone. Still not sure why there is this small discrepancy between Personal and Primary vaults. The former should have been created from the latter.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky - it was...but trashed items may not have shown up. Or are you saying that there was a discrepancy in the non-trashed item count? The other possibility is generated Password items - were there any in the intervening time?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

The discrepancy is in the non-trash items and in the images above. When a membership vault is created it seems to generate three new items, so that would account for some discrepancy. I don’t think there were any new items generated in the intervening time.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky - ah, yes -- there are indeed "seed" items created by 1Password. You can safely ignore that in terms of your count. They're just helpful little additions. For that matter, you can delete them if you don't want them.

This discussion has been closed.