edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Steps to produce

1. Click on the 1Password extension icon in Firefox

Expected behavior

1Password extension opens

Actual behavior

Nothing happens ;)

Additional information

I've tried re-installed the latest beta extension and making sure I'm not running 1Password 6..and the only 1Password I have running is 7. Rebooting the Mac didn't help.

I run Firefox Nightly - 61.0a1 (2018-04-04) (64-bit)

$ ps aux | grep -i 1pass
shyam 1691 0.0 0.1 558578920 21668 ?? S 9:34PM 0:00.32 /Applications/1Password 7.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/1Password Extension Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/1PasswordNativeMessageHost /Users/shyam/Library/Application Support/Mozilla/NativeMessagingHosts/2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json onepassword4@agilebits.com
shyam 305 0.0 0.5 558927084 83720 ?? S 9:32PM 0:05.91 /Applications/1Password 7.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 7 -psn_0_45067

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-5 (70000005) AgileBit
Extension Version: 1Password Beta version 4.7.1.2
OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password for Teams/Family

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

Hi @fox2mike,

So the good news is it does work, we just need to figure out why it isn't working for you. It's probably best to jump straight to requesting a diagnostic report and see what it tells us. When generating the diagnostic report can you have Firefox and 1Password running please so it can capture any relevant details. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you could post the ticket ID here it will help us locate it quickly and hopefully get everything up and running again in Firefox.

• fox2mike
    fox2mike
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables thanks for the quick response! #SHF-11145-821 should be the case number.

• Thanks @fox2mike. We've received your report and will be reviewing it ASAP.

Ben

ref: SHF-11145-821

• fox2mike
    fox2mike
    Community Member

@Ben thanks! Seems like I just got the 7.0.BETA-6 update and that seems to solve the problem!

• Thanks for the update. :)

Beb

• fox2mike
    fox2mike
    Community Member

@Ben andddd it doesn't work again. Adam from the support team got back to my original support request with a suggestion, so I'm going to try that and see if that fixes it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @fox2mike,

Based on timestamps it looked like the suggestion in the email helped, do please keep us updated either here or in the email conversation if anything changes.

This discussion has been closed.