dowloaded 1P7 but not working correctly and 1P6 also still on computer

Robdoc
Robdoc
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I understood I could download and use 1 password 7 and expected 1 password 6 to be removed . Neither appear now to be working correctly as password and user names are not being filled in as usual. I have a subscription.

1Password Version: 7 beta 5
Extension Version: 7 beta 5
OS Version: OS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:dowloaded 1P7 but not working correctly and 1P6 also still on computer

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Try exiting 1Password 6 fully—using ⌃⌘Q to exit both 1Password 6 and its accompanying 1Password 6 mini. If you're using Safari note that the new 1Password 7 Safari extension does not yet support open and fill.

Stephen

• Hi @Robdoc! Did what Stephen mentioned help get things working? :)

• Robdoc
    Robdoc
    Community Member

1 Password 7 is working. I didn't appreciate the Safari extension was not yet supported.
    Still not able to delete 1 Password 6 -control command Q has no effect. ??

• Robdoc
    Robdoc
    Community Member

Have now managed to remove 1 Password 6 -when will the safari extension be supported?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Robdoc,

The 1Password 7 includes a new Safari extension and while there is pre-existing functionality to return, the extension does allow filling of the currently open page in Safari. So it depends on how you define supported. The keyboard shortcut ⌘\ should be working but open-and-fill is on the to-do list.

If you're saying that the extension isn't working or responding at all for you that's something else and we'll need to help you get that resolved. Once you clarify we'll be in a better position to know what our next step should be :smile:

• Robdoc
    Robdoc
    Community Member

Open and fill is the problem - so waiting for that to be developed.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Robdoc - thanks for the clarification, and stay tuned for updates to include Open & Fill feature. :)

This discussion has been closed.