Feature Request for Windows app version 7

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The new app looks great. From my brief look at the app, two features I would love to see

1. Unlocking the app - the ability to use either Windows Hello, finger print or both. I would prefer finger print rather than Windows Hello.
  2. Support for syncing using OneDrive. It would be great if it was an option across all platforms

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @williemaykit,

Thanks for writing in.

Good news! Windows Hello is already available. To start using it, you still have to initially unlock with your master password and then Windows Hello becomes enabled on the lock view for the rest of the session. You'll see this on the next lock:

If you terminate 1Password or reboot your computer, you'll have to unlock with master password first before Windows Hello becomes enabled.

Windows Hello give you the option to what input method to unlock with; Face, fingerprint, PIN and so on.

Support for syncing using OneDrive. It would be great if it was an option across all platforms

And more good news, we support Folder Sync in 1Password 7, which lets you store your vaults anywhere on disk. This means you can move your vaults to OneDrive and 1Password 7 will monitor that folder for syncing.

The only gotcha is that Folder Sync is supported for Android, macOS and Windows versions of 1Password only. iOS version of 1Password does not support Folder Sync due to its locked down security model. There isn't a way around it except you could sync from Windows to macOS and use the macOS version to sync to your iOS devices via Wi-Fi but this may be a lot of work compared to Dropbox or even our 1Password.com service.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Cheers for information Mike.

• Cheers. 🎉

This discussion has been closed.