vaults

grumpy21
grumpy21
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm giving 1Password 7 a look and when I installed it, it created an account for me and migrated my main vault without me having to do anything else. That was great, now here comes the but. If I decide, after my free month, that I want to go back to version 6 stand alone, how will all of the new passwords that I create in my account be transferred to my old main vault?

Additionally, I don't think that my "archive vault" was transferred to my new account only my main.

1Password Version: 6.8.8 and 7
Extension Version: looks like one from version 7
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:vaults

Comments

• Hi @grumpy21 ,

The best way is to collect your account credentials (email, secret key) and add your account to 1Password 6.

Then, make a backup of your 1Password 6 data, delete the data from your standalone vault, and move your items back to your standalone vault. Note that any attachments you had would have converted to document items. If you have any "Document" items, you'll need to manually export those and re-attach them to another item, as standalone vaults do not have "Document" types.

Regards,
    Kevin

• grumpy21
    grumpy21
    Community Member

Thanks, Kevin

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@grumpy21 - on behalf of ag_kevin, you're quite welcome. Glad his advice was helpful. :)

This discussion has been closed.