1Password mini keyboard navigation

stillmoms
stillmoms
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I use 1Password constantly, so the Cmd+Opt+\ keyboard shortcut is extremely important to me. Additionally, I work at a company that uses 1Password.com shared vaults to securely store credentials for our clients’ systems, so we have a ton of vaults. This means I’m constantly switching vaults (as leaving all of those items visible in All Vaults makes things much harder to use). We have way more than 10, so while the Cmd+[number key] shortcuts are helpful for switching from All Vaults to my personal vaults, they don’t address every vault I need to interact with on a regular basis.

Previously, in 1Password 6, I could do this all via the keyboard (important since I’m often interacting with command line SSH sessions), albeit slightly awkwardly—there was no shortcut key I could find to pop open the actual vaults menu (via the lock icon when accessed with a mouse), so I had to Cmd+, to access the settings menu, then use the right arrow key to open the Vault sub-menu, which was selected by default. I could then start typing the name of a vault to immediately jump to it, hit Enter, and search for the item I needed.

In 1Password 7, the Vaults submenu is not selected by default when you press Cmd+,. This makes it impossible to use the arrow keys to open that menu and subsequently jump to the needed vault. I’m forced to use the mouse, which is a big slowdown when I’ve got both hands on the keyboard already.

That said, my ultimate dream feature would be a shortcut key to just directly open the Vaults menu without needing to go into the settings menu at all. Then I could: Cmd+Opt+\, Cmd+[whatever key], type a few characters to get to the right vault, Enter, and search as usual.

1Password Version: 7.0 BETA-5
Extension Version: 7.0 BETA-5
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Hi @stillmoms! Thanks so much for the feedback. There are some big changes coming in this area soon, so keep an eye out. :)

• stillmoms
    stillmoms
    Community Member

Glad to hear it Jacob! Thanks for the feedback.

• buro71a
    buro71a
    Community Member

An addition here: if you work with 1p mini and find a password entry, the password field is auto selected and you can press to copy the password … with 1p6 the mini was closed immediately … with 1p7 the mini stays open till you press … 

For proper workflow it should close itself after

• stillmoms
    stillmoms
    Community Member

@buro71a Yeah, I was going to mention this but I believe that's already been brought up in another thread (found while searching for threads about this issue).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@stillmoms and @buro71a -- yep, it has. Thanks for mentioning it, and being willing to help us kick the tires on 1Password 7 for Mac beta!

This discussion has been closed.