Keyboard navigation problems

jott
jott
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I just upgraded to 1Password 7 for Windows and notices some problems/possible improvements when using just the keyboard.

1) After searching and selecting an entry you can not reveal the password easily. It should be possible to press Ctrl+L and Ctrl+R to show the show the first hidden entry in large type or reveal it.

2) With focus on one of the detail elements like the password and pressing Ctrl+L for large type you can press Esc to close the large type pop-up. After that you can not press Ctrl+F to focus back on the search.

3) With an item selected you can not copy the username (Ctrl+B) or password (Ctrl+Shift-C) anymore.

4) When searching with Ctrl+F there is no easy way to jump to the "All items" section. In 1Password 4 you could hit Ctrl+F multiple times to increase the search scope. It would be nice to have something like this back again.

Other than that, I like the direction version 7 is going.

Thank you very much for your support.

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jott,

Thanks for taking the time to write that down for us.

Keyboard shortcuts aren't fully implemented yet nor have they been updated to reflect other 1Password apps. We will update the list of shortcuts in the near future to be consistent everywhere.

Here's the current list of the keyboard shortcuts: https://support.1password.com/keyboard-shortcuts/?windows

It should be possible to press Ctrl+L and Ctrl+R to show the show the first hidden entry in large type or reveal it.

It is but you have to focus the field you want first before using the shortcuts, these are field shortcuts, not the entire item. Are you saying you want the shortcuts to automatically be done on the first concealed field without focusing it first?

If you want to reveal all concealed fields, use Control + Alt.

With focus on one of the detail elements like the password and pressing Ctrl+L for large type you can press Esc to close the large type pop-up. After that you can not press Ctrl+F to focus back on the search.

I'm not able to reproduce it. Control + F works consistently for me regardless of which field I do Control + L on and pressing Esc on the Large Type window. Is there something else you're doing after you are taken to the Large Type window, like moving it elsewhere or something?

Do you see this issue all the time or is it intermittent?

With an item selected you can not copy the username (Ctrl+B) or password (Ctrl+Shift-C) anymore.

You can use Control + Shift + C on the item list to bring up which field you want to copy, Control + B is not currently implemented.

When searching with Ctrl+F there is no easy way to jump to the "All items" section. In 1Password 4 you could hit Ctrl+F multiple times to increase the search scope. It would be nice to have something like this back again.

That is intentional but we'll look at adding an additional shortcut to search in all items, like Control + Shift + F. Control + F is only for searching within the view you're in, pressing it again is not supposed to change view.

For now, if you press Control + F to focus the search, pressing Control + Tab a few times would let you switch to the previous column and you can go up to All Items.

This discussion has been closed.