Favorites sort - add name as option

Dianeoforegon
Dianeoforegon
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

You can only sort favorites by Most Fav and Least Fav. I would like to sort by name. While in a browser favorites work great, I often need to access an item in Favorites like TeamViewer for example. The TeamViewer app doesn't remember the password and I'm constantly having to copy paste from 1Password.

Before you say I have too many, I don't or you should say you can have favorites but not too many and tell us how many.

(having trouble posting to forum)

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-6 (70000006) AgileBit
Extension Version: 7.0 Beta -6
OS Version: 10.13.5 build (17F35e)
Sync Type: subscription

Comments

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Having trouble posting to forum. I used preview for post then select to post but it said I have to have text in the body. When I copy/paste the contents, it showed up twice. I removed contents and am posting problem in the duplicate's place.

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member

@Dianeoforegon, I can manually sort Favorites by drag and drop. Does that not accomplish what you need?

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member

Yes, drag and drop works. Just not an obvious choice.

I seem to remember trying this back in v6 and it didn't work, but my memory could be faulty.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Dianeoforegon - Favorites and sorting needs a comprehensive addressing. The problem, if it wasn't immediately obvious, is that such things function differently across platforms -- sort ordering/logic that works on a Mac may not on a PC, or an Android device, etc. This is made more complicated by the presence of 1password.com accounts as well; sorting on the server now needs to be taken into account also. It's not something we've had the cycles to devote time to recently, but it remains on our radar.

This discussion has been closed.