1P7 No option to createSmart Folders

eddie81
eddie81
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have just upgraded to 1P7 beta 6 (with a 1 month trial). In 1P6 it was quite simple to create a Smart Folder; a) File / New Smart Folder or b) Create a search query and hit Save. Neither of these are appearing for me with 1P7.

1Password Version: 7B6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.14
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:smart folders

Comments

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member

Glad to know it's not just me.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eddie81 & @Dianeoforegon,

I suspect this isn't a bug in the beta, but instead it's because 1Password accounts don't support folders. If you have a local vault selected you should find you can create a smart folder. The same should be true in 1Password 6 as well. Please do correct me if you're seeing something else but I was able to create a new Smart Folder as long as I selected a local vault first.

• eddie81
    eddie81
    Community Member

Thanks @littlebobbytables

Is this the same with Tags too? I have predefined tags but cannot see how to create additional tags or reroder/nest tags with a 1Password subscription account.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @eddie81,

While we've added the concept of nested tags, other than that I don't think we've changed too much but I could be wrong. Creating new tags is still by editing an item and typing in the title of the the tag. If you want to create a sequence of new nested tags you would add them all in one go with / to separate e.g. software/licence/Mac. You can rename individual layers in the tags by right clicking on that specific tag in the category pane and selecting the Rename option. Reorganising an existing structure seems to require deleting the old nested tag and adding an entirely new one so it's quite possible there are some things we can do to make the process easier. It's still an early beta so plenty of scope for improvement.

Let me know if that helps with tags.

This discussion has been closed.