Adding extra websites to a login doesn't allow Open & Fill or autofill

paddytheshamrock
paddytheshamrock
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When I add an extra website to an already saved login (for instance a Microsoft account, see screenshot), it doesn't change to a blue link like the pre-saved URL. It means it can't be clicked to open the page.

It also means that the login doesn't show up in 1PW when visiting the alternate URL in a browser, so I can't get 1PW to autofill the form fields, I have to copy and paste the username and password.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-6 (70000006)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member

Open and fill has been disabled in the Beta for the moment.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Strictly it's only in Safari that open and fill does not currently work. I mention it only in case others reading this thread wonder.

Stephen

• paddytheshamrock
    paddytheshamrock
    Community Member

I'm not referring to a particular browser plugin, it's happening in the main 1Password window. It doesn't seem to recognise and convert the URL.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Open and fill works for me used directly from the main 1Password 7 window. I'm using Firefox 59.0.2. Perhaps it depends on the browser you're using because 1Password 7 must be passing the information to the browser extension in order to open and fill.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @paddytheshamrock,

1Password 7 does have a number of changes to the layout and one of those changes is the field label is displayed above the field rather than to the side. I believe you have set the second website label rather than the field to the URL and that is why you can't copy or use open-and-fill. If you edit the item and delete that entry you should find the space for a new website field has the following placeholder texts website N for the title of the field and web page for the actual field. You should hopefully find proper recognition of the URL if you replace the web page placeholder text.

open-and-fill on secondary website fields for existing and new items works for me so you should hopefully find it works for you as well.

• paddytheshamrock
    paddytheshamrock
    Community Member

That did it :)

Thank you, maybe a little tweaking to UI layout might help?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @paddytheshamrock,

It's all definitely a learning experience for us, exactly what we hoped to gain from the beta :smile:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @paddytheshamrock,

So we've tweaked the UI (User Interface) a bit by the looks of it and I'm curious if you find this is clearer. Here's an example of a new Login item with the new placeholder text and I believe a small adjustment to the font size to help emphasise the field.

Does that seem clearer or do you feel it still needs work?

This discussion has been closed.