1Password Browser Extension Sluggish

John_Smith
John_Smith
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello I'm using 1Password 7 on both Windows 10 and macOS High Sierra. On the Mac version the browser plugin works perfectly in Chrome. Opens straight away every time whether I'm entering my password for the first time to unlock it or I've already authenticated earlier in my session and I'm re-opening it.

But the Windows version is very inconsistent. When I first bootup my Windows computer and use Chrome the browser plugin works very quickly, as fast as on my Mac. But after a few hours of use it becomes incredibly sluggish. For example clicking the icon right now may take over 60 seconds for it to open.

I thought it was the plugin at fault but it appears to be the 1Password mini application installed on my computer as if I reinstall 1Password or restart the 1Password mini service then the browser plugin becomes instantaneously responsive again and continues to be for many hours.

I did not have this problem with Windows 10 + 1Password 4 which I was using prior to changing to the subscription and gaining access to 1Password 7. I'm not running an old computer either.

Computer specifications:
Windows 10 with the latest stable updates installed.
CPU: 3930K CPU (6 Cores / 12 threads)
RAM: 32GB
GPU: GTX 1080 Ti
SSD Boot Drive etc

I am not having any kind of performance issues with any other software on the computer, everything else is lightning fast.

1Password Version: 7.0.532 or 7.0 stable etc
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1709 (16299.309)
Sync Type: 1Password built in sync system

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @John_Smith,

1Password 7 for Windows is still in beta, so I moved your post to Windows Beta category, I hope you don't mind.

In order to investigate, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC, where you have these issues:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• John_Smith
    John_Smith
    Community Member

Hi Greg, I wasn't aware that 1Password 7 was in beta, my mistake. When I attempted to download the Windows client on the site it kept giving me version 7?

Anyway, during my testing trying to solve this problem I tried 1Password X which works great so I've just switched to that for the time being.

Thanks for the assist.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @John_Smith,

No worries! That is why we are here. :chuffed: I am glad to hear that 1Password X works for you.

Could you please specify where did you download 1Password 7? It will be really helpful.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• John_Smith
    John_Smith
    Community Member

Sure, I signed into the website where it shows my online vault hosted by you guys, then I clicked on my name in the top right and clicked on "Get the apps". And it was there. https://my.1password.com/apps

There was no option for v6 anywhere on that page that I could find so I just assumed v7 was latest. Screenshot:

• @John_Smith: I double-checked that link in my own account and it does download the installer for 1Password 6. I'm curious if maybe the system requirements there (Windows 7 or newer) threw you off? I'd wager you did install 1Password 6, which isn't in beta. If you still have the desktop app around, you can open it and choose 1Password > Settings, then click update to see your version number. I'd put my money on 6.8.534 if you installed from that link. Either way, since you're using 1Password X and happy with it, it's neither here nor there, at this point, so nothing to worry about. :chuffed:

• John_Smith
    John_Smith
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

This is the version in my chrome downloads folder: 1PasswordSetup-7.0.510.exe

I assume that's version 7? - Here is a screenshot showing my download thing in Chrome:

You can see even in the URL it says /win6/ and yet it downloaded the windows version 7.0?

But yes, I am using 1Password X and I really love it, great improvement over the prior browser plugins.

• @John_Smith: Very odd. Not only is that 1Password 7, it's an old version 7 we've long since moved past. Even the URL is different from the one I see on the Get the Apps page. You wouldn't happen to have your account on 1Password.ca or 1Password.eu, would you? That particular version is one we wouldn't want anyone using now and it may be the link was fixed while we weren't looking, but I don't want to overlook somewhere others might end up with the wrong app. Thanks for your help, and I'm glad you're enjoying 1Password X! :chuffed:

• John_Smith
    John_Smith
    Community Member

I am on the 1password.com address when I login, my account is a US one. When I download the app now I get version 6.8.534 so very odd indeed. Thanks for your help :chuffed:

• @John_Smith: No problem at all! Glad, whatever it might have been, it seems to have been fixed up already. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.