Credit Card CVV/Verification Number displaying "password strength"

defiant
defiant
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

New password strength meter is showing the strength of the CVV, which it probably shouldn't, as it's only a 3 digit number that is defined by Visa/Master Card etc.

Mine is terrible, apparently :chuffed:

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rotherad
    rotherad
    Community Member

I see the same thing on the PIN code field, seen as these are always going to be "terrible" it's probably worth not showing for these types of fields on credit cards :tongue:

• lobianco
    lobianco
    1Password Alumni

Yeah that's probably not very helpful for CVV numbers, is it :lol:

Thanks for pointing it out @defiant. I'll make a note to get it fixed in a future beta.

• ngocphamm
    ngocphamm
    Community Member

I have reported this for the older 1Password's Watchtower feature like 2 years ago and it never got "fixed" :(

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ngocphamm - sorry for the continued difficulty. With a product the size and complexity of 1Password across four platforms (Windows, Mac, iOS and Android) plus the 1password.com servers software (and the servers themselves), we have to triage issues by multiple factors. While this one is certainly a real thing, it hasn't been our top priority when taking into account everything else on our plates. We do hope to give this one some attention, however. We haven't forgotten about it, and we aren't saying we won't be addressing it. In the meantime, thanks for your patience -- and for being a 1Password user! :)

This discussion has been closed.