Reversed icons order for passwords (UX question/suggestion)

sas_sam
sas_sam
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I've just started to test 1P 7beta on Win. Till now I used 1P v4 as I have standalone licence and I'm not using 1P account (I don't have it and I'm not planing to create it in the future).

I don't have to much experiences yet, so far it's alright, but I already realised an annoying (for me) change. The icons order is reversed at password field compared to v4 when I hover over it with mouse. In v4 it was (from left to right) "Copy to clipboard", "Auto type" and "Reveal". In v7beta it's "Reveal", "Large type" and "Copy to clipboard".

Old:

New:

From my point of view, the most used feature is the "Copy to clipboard". Why did you put this icon to the completely opposite place and swapped with the most dangerous option (Reveal on the screen)? Could you just change the order back and put the copy icon to the 1st palce from left?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @sas_sam,

Thanks for the great feedback!

Good catch. Strangely, despite the fact we had this same order for more than a year in 1Password 6, no one else mentioned this as far as I recall.

The reason for this is because we do the right-justified alignment, so it's always copy first on the right side as you go up and down. However, 1Password 4 doesn't do the hover state, so it is different.

We're planning to change the design of this in the near future, I'll bring this up for the design team to reconsider.

• Hi @sas_sam,

Good news, the design team already have this planned to be fixed.

• sas_sam
    sas_sam
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

Awesome :+1: Thanks! :smile:

• You're welcome, thanks again for pointing this out.

This discussion has been closed.