Beta list view sort order/direction missing

CraigN
CraigN
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

First let me say I love the refreshed look and general speed improvements. Well done team!

Using the 1Password 7 beta on Windows and Mac I've notice some inconsistencies in the list views. The Mac build and the previous 1Password 4 for Windows allow the items to be sorted by a column with reverse sorting an option. The Windows 1Password 7 beta only allows a default sort order by a specified field although the icon alludes to being able to change the sort direction with up and down arrows.

Additionally if you click for example to sort by Title the check mark is placed next to Title, however if you re-select the same sort field Title, the check mark goes away completely, implying no sort order.

Please bring back the sort direction/order functionality.

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @CraigN,

Thanks for writing in.

First let me say I love the refreshed look and general speed improvements. Well done team!

On behalf of the team, thanks for that! We're happy to hear that. We still have a lot of stuff to work on and it'll keep getting better and better.

Using the 1Password 7 beta on Windows and Mac I've notice some inconsistencies in the list views. The Mac build and the previous 1Password 4 for Windows allow the items to be sorted by a column with reverse sorting an option.

At the moment, the sort ordering options is definitely limited. We do plan to add more options in the future with support for reverse order, password age in certain categories and more.

ref: OPW-656

1Password 6/7 is a new codebase, so not all features from both macOS and 1Password 4 version of Windows are implemented yet but we're getting closer and closer in every update.

the check mark goes away completely, implying no sort order.

Good catch! That's definitely a bug, we'll get that fixed soon. It shouldn't change at all when you click on the checked item here.

ref: OPW-2071

• CraigN
    CraigN
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to future beta builds.

• You're welcome, thanks for helping us with your feedback.

• CraigN
    CraigN
    Community Member

Thanks for giving us the opportunity.

• ❤️

This discussion has been closed.