1Password7 password

androcles
androcles
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

`I know my password, and it works fine in 1Password6. But it is refused by 1Password7. Why?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 password

Comments

• androcles
    androcles
    Community Member

also if I revert to 1Password6, will any changes made in 1Password7 appear in 6?

• Hi @androcles

When you set up 1Password 7 did you set it up to sync with iCloud or Dropbox? If so are you sure 1Password 6 has been keeping that location up to date?

Ben

• androcles
    androcles
    Community Member

When I set up 7, I definitely remember it importing all the items. What puzzles me is how it can fail to recognise the password. I type it several times a day so I know I have got it right.

• @androcles

That doesn’t answer my questions. What I’m thinking may have happened is when you installed 1Password 7 you set it up to sync with a source (Dropbox or iCloud) that still had 1Password data in it, but had not been updated by 1Password 6 for a while. The answer to your question depends on the answers to mine. If you launch 1Password 6 are you able to access your data?

Ben

• androcles
    androcles
    Community Member

Yes 1Password 6 is fine. I've uninstalled 7

• Thanks. Can you open 1Password > Preferences > Sync and see what sync service 1Password 6 is configured to sync with?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.