1Password Shortcut (⌘+\) blocking same shortcut other apps

kylehickinson
kylehickinson
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

While running Xcode I realized the ⌘+\ shortcut to toggle a breakpoint on a line wouldn't trigger. Once I quit 1Password 7 completely it worked again.

1Password Version: 7.0.0-BETA-6
Extension Version: 7.0.0-BETA-4
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password Membership

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

This AgileBits' post explains what is happening and why and suggests a work around—which may or may not work for you.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kylehickinson - I'm sorry for the trouble. We may or may not be able to get ourselves back into a state where we can depend on the default (or user-selected) 1Password shortcuts reliably while still letting go of the keyboard listeners when we're not the front-most application. That may (or may not) mean you'll have to choose your keyboard shortcuts; dedicating certain ones to 1Password (or your other applications). Too early to say right now, though certainly changing either one or the other will solve this problem for you as a workaround for now.

• kylehickinson
    kylehickinson
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Thanks @Stephen_C and @Lars

I guess the more confusing part is it doing nothing, because technically 1Password has nothing to do while in a non-browser app. I honestly thought it was Xcode before I thought it was 1Password :lol:

I can understand why though; I'll likely end up remapping 1Password to some other non-used keyboard mapping for the time being :chuffed:

• Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.