1p7 beta shows items when locked and can only be unlocked with 1p7 mini

pjm
pjm
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

when 1p7 locks itself after the configured time or when I unlock my desktop and 1p7 is locked, it display the list of items (see screenshot). It does not display item details, but nevertheless this is a security issue. The same happens when I lock 1p7 by using the 1Password7/Lock menu entry. I can see which logins, secure notes etc are contained by selecting on the let side; this should not be possible.

Second thing, when 1p7 is in this locked state, the only way to unlock it without restarting is by using the 1p7 mini icon from the menubar - or I have not found it, there is no application menu bar entry for unlocking and clicking in the app does not lead to showing an unlock dialog.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You might try updating to the latest beta (beta 6 at the time of posting this) because it's certainly not happening to me with beta 6 (also running macOS 10.13.4).

Stephen

• Please install the latest version:

1Password for Mac Release Notes

Let us know how that turns out. :)

Ben

• pjm
    pjm
    Community Member

Hi Stephen, Ben

the last version (beta 6 ) works as expected.

2 things I noticed when updated:

• I tried the 'check for updates' but the update crashed repeatedly, so I downloaded beta 6 directly.
    • the installer for beta 6 noticed that there is still a process running, but was not able to stop it. I had to do that manually from the activity monitor

after that install the program locks and unlocks properly

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@pjm - thanks for the update, and glad to hear things are working better for you now. The updater-crash is one we're aware of and working on a fix for. With regard to the running process, 1Password 7 for Mac functions differently than version 4-6. In version 7, there is no separate mini process; it's all a single app. So, when you quit 1Password from the menu, in order to mimic the behavior of previous versions, instead of quitting entirely, the main window closes, but 1Password doesn't actually quit. It stays running in the background, so you can still see/interact with the mini, and fill/save items in your browser. If you want to FULLY quit 1Password 7 for Mac, you need to type ^⌥⌘Q or hold down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu. When you do the latter, you'll see the Quit command change to "Quit 1Password Completely," which is how you know you've quit the entire thing (without checking Activity Monitor, anyway). Hope that helps!

• pjm
    pjm
    Community Member

@Lars, thanks for the info.

I can stop it by menu or Activity Monitor ;-)

But it was the Updater who showed me the info about the running process, asking me if it were alright to stop it and then couldn't do that.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@pjm - OK, thanks for the clarification.

This discussion has been closed.