How do I report problems with Mac Beta 7, give feedback?

swilson
swilson
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I installed beta 7 on my Mac, but otherwise received no instruction on how to report issues or give feedback. For example, this morning I'm receiving the error "1Password updater quit unexpectedly" when I Check for Updates, but I don't know how to make you aware of this problem or work with you to resolve it. I thought that was the point of beta versions.

1Password Version: 7.0.beta-6
Extension Version: 7.0.beta-6
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 beta

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Don't worry—you've made AgileBits aware of the problem in the right place. This forum is the right place to give feedback about the 1Password 7 for Mac betas. Just to reassure you, though, you're by no means the only person to have reported crashes in the beta 6 updater: see this thread. (I've linked to the post in the thread where the reports of the beta 6 crashes start.)

In summary:

• AgileBits knows about your crash problem and is working on a fix.
    • By all means post any other Mac beta constructive feedback, or requests for help, in this forum.

Stephen

• swilson
    swilson
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

[ post edited to remove comment ] - swilson

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

No—there is no beta 7 version of 1Password 7 available yet (at the time of this post). I'm sure you'll find (1Password 7 > About 1Password) you have 1Password Version 7.0.BETA-6.

It's probably a little confusing because we're talking about the beta 6 version of 1Password 7. :)

Stephen

• Thanks for the assist, @Stephen_C, and for taking the time to help us test 1Password @swilson. Please see this thread for information about providing good bug reports:

Welcome to the 1Password 7 for Mac Beta! — AgileBits Support Forum

Ben

• swilson
    swilson
    Community Member

I have 1Password7 Beta-6, and one issue with it is that the Updater crashes and doesn't work. Q1) Will I be notified when Beta-7 is released? and Q2) will there be a way described in the notice to download and install the Beta-7 update?

• Matt Boettger
    Matt Boettger
    Community Member

Thanks for fixing this. Looking forward to some kind of notification for the fix. Thanks a bunch!!!

• This is a known issue @swilson. Please see this thread:

1Password 7 Mac Beta - Crash when checking Software Updates [All issues with the updater go here] - Page 3 — 1Password Support

We will update that thread with further information as it becomes available.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.