How to save "non standard" login?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

I have a tricky login page. On the left side traditional with Username & Password. On the right side my preferred log in method on this particular page with my mobile phonenumber to receive a pin. I cannot save the "new login" via 1PW mini. I am using Safari.

Here the screen for better understanding:

Any idea how I could save this login ("Mit Mobil-Rufnummer") with 1PW7???

Regards

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.BETA-6 (70000006) AgileBit
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @AustriaXL,

Can I ask, are you saying a Login item saved in the browser isn't filling the correct fields? Can you confirm for me please by saving a new Login item using the steps outlined on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser. If this new Login item doesn't work could you post the URL for the page 1Password is having trouble with please and I'll take a look.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hello @littlebobbytables,

I am Using Safari browser with 1PW7 beta and the associated 1PWmini (Safari)extension..

1PW7 beta is not asking me to save a new login and "How to save a Login manually in your browser" is not helping me.

I have to have 1PW7 beta in open condition and and in sight on my monitor to see "save new item" in the 1PW extension. I click : "save new item" but nothing happens.

I assume that the constellation "Safari" and "1PW7 beta" does not cooperate like in 1PW 6 and earlier.

By the way this is the URL. I want to save a log in with the field "Mit Mobil-Rufnummer"

https://goo.gl/DdbWU9

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AustriaXL,

Odd, 1Password 7 offered to save for me and when testing filling with the saved Login item it correctly filled the field on the right.

I have a couple of questions to see if we can narrow down what might be happening.

1. Where is the 1Password 7 beta application bundle currently located?
    2. If you click the 1Password Browser Extension button in the Safari toolbar does the 1Password mini menu appear?
    3. If the menu appears, is there any text above the search field? the text may be either blue or red in colour.

I might need to ask for a diagnostic report as well but we'll cover how to do so and where to send it if we reach that point.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables,

I reverted to "1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store" and I had no problem to safe the new login.

Your questions:

• 1PW7 beta was located in "programs"
      -The 1PW mini menu was stuck until main window of 1PW7 beta was opened

• there was neither blue nor red colored text visible.....

Regards

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables,

one more thing. On my MacBookPro I deleted 1PW7 beta and reverted to 1PW 6. I saved the login on my MacBookPro.

Now I opened 1PW7 beta on my MacPro and the login which I saved with 1PW 6 on my MacBookPro is functioning on my MacPro with 1PW7 beta.

Strange, isn´t it?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AustriaXL,

Out of curiosity, does the same undesirable behaviour occur if you try manually saving a new Login item once more in the 1Password 7 beta? I'm puzzled as to why we're seeing different behaviour and would love to reach some sort of understanding so we can try and address it.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Hello again @littlebobbytables,

I just deleted the with 1PW6 on my MacBook saved login ("Mit Mobil-Rufnummer") for the URL " https://goo.gl/DdbWU9 ".

Once again I tried to save a new login with 1PW7 beta for "Mit Mobil-Rufnummer". Unable to save it with 1PW7 beta.

When I try to save a new login for "Mit Benutzername" (left side of the page) then 1PW7 beta is able to save the new login.

Not able to save "Mit Mobilrufnummer".......(right side of the page)

For clarification: On this website you have the choice to log in with username and password (left side) or you login with your mobilephonenumber (right side) then they send you a pin to login. Login with my phonenumber is my preferred one. And 1PW beta cannot manage this.......

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AustriaXL,

This is very odd. I've tested again and confirmed my previous test was with the same field. In both cases I could manually save a Login item after filling in the field on the right hand side and when I ask 1Password to fill the reloaded page it fills the correct field. I'm at a bit of a loss to explain why we're seeing different behaviour. The only thing that stands out is my copy of Safari is pretty bare bones while it seems you have a few extensions installed based on your toolbar. I don't know why something would be interfering or that it is but I wonder if you might be willing to try something. Can you disable (no need to remove) all of your Safari extensions with the exception of the 1Password 7 extension. Restart Safari, just so we can confidently say no part is left running and see if 1Password still fails to save a new Login item when you fill in the field on the right. You don't have to delete your old Login item, that would only be a factor if we were trying to test autosave. Is it the exact same behaviour?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Hello @littlebobbytables,

I only can say I saved the login manually with 1PW6 with no problems.

Trying to do the same with 1PW7 beta does not work. Maybe you have the "special developer version of 1PW7 beta".......

When saving manually the log in with 1PW6 the result looks as follow and works (my phonenumber is blanked):

I don´t want to continue this conversation! 1PW7 beta does not work in this particular case for me.......Thats it.....

• @AustriaXL Okay thanks for letting us know. If the 1Password 7 beta isn't working for you in some cases and you'd rather not help investigate the underlying issues, it's best to return to 1Password 6, the stable version. 1Password 7 is a beta so we can get feedback about what people like and don't like about it.

This discussion has been closed.