Checking for pwnd email addresses

Paul M
Paul M
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Just downloaded the 1P 7 beta and had a quick trial look around. So far, so good apart from the Check for Updates bug.

The "look up in pwnd passwords" feature is interesting, but not hugely useful to me—it's reported a few that I knew were weak, either because it's to a website account that someone else controls, and they don't use 1P, or it's a website that won't let me choose a decent password.

It would be much more useful if the same feature was available for the "username" field, because many websites use my email address as my user name, and for those I use Sneakemail addresses. So I have a bunch of unique email addresses and if any of them was on HIBP's list, that would be much more significant for me than confirmation that "abc123" was a poor password choice.

1Password Version: 7.0 beta 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Paul M - thanks for the suggestion! Our integration with Troy Hunt's excellent work is pretty new, and I'm sure we're going to be working with him to develop deeper and more useful ways to leverage what he's put together. Looking down the road, a lot of possibilities come to mind, yours among them. For now, glad you enjoy the feature, and stay tuned -- there's a lot of good stuff still to come! :)

This discussion has been closed.