When I drag the Safari extension around the middle of the Safari it gets stuck

jackiam
jackiam
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When I drag the Safari extension around the middle of the Safari, it will not allow me to drag it away from the middle of the screen.
Safari 11.1 (13605.1.33.1.2)
Video showing the bug
https://filenurse.com/download/dd767e4d719a6ed59d6b1097859aea95.html

1Password Version: 7 beta 6
Extension Version: 7 beta 6
OS Version: 10.13.4 (17E199)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @jackiam,

The same behaviour should be visible in 1Password 6 as well. I can't remember the exact version it was added but what 1Password is doing is snapping the menu to the middle of the screen and there is a window of the screen where this applies. It does mean you can't move the menu slightly off centre, a side effect of the feature. Does this tally with what you're experiencing?

• jackiam
    jackiam
    Community Member

It gets stuck in the middle of the screen and it very hard to move it to a new location.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jackiam,

Just so we're on the same page, are you saying that if the intended location is even quite far from the middle of the screen that you're unable to drag the menu away once it has been snapped to the middle of the screen? I understand you created a screen recording, a very good way to try and show what you're experiencing (thank you for taking the time) but it seemed like you were trying to move the menu just a small amount and when mouse button was released it snapped back. It might be I've misinterpreted so please do correct me.

This discussion has been closed.