Uninstall 1PW6 mini

clumsden
clumsden
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have installed 1PW7 beta and it's running fine, however the old 1PW6 mini still shows up in the menu bar. (I haven't deleted the old 1PW6 program yet)
What should I do to make sure that I only have one version running and I am not generating conflicts?

Thanks
Cam
ps - love the new look of v7.

1Password Version: 7.0 beta-6
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password Family account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@clumsden - it's really not recommended to have version 6 and version 7 installed on the same Mac. We're glad you like the look of the new 1Password 7 for Mac, and if you think you'll be switching everything over to it, then I'd say there's no reason not to uninstall 1Password 6 for Mac now.

The best way to proceed is - if 1Password is running - Quit 1Password completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Then visit Activity Monitor and close any remaining 1Password processes. After that, you can delete 1Password 6 for Mac. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash. You should be able to use version 7 without conflicts after that.

This discussion has been closed.