Network Connection causes 1Password to crash

yippy3000
yippy3000
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

My dns server went down and immediately I got an error message "1Password for Windows desktop has stopped working" with a Close the Program button. When clicking it the error comes back within moments and continued even after network connection was restored.

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Hi @yippy3000,

Thanks for reporting it.

That shouldn't happen. Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, it should contain the crash report and explain why it didn't like your network issue. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• yippy3000
    yippy3000
    Community Member

I created ticket #ELC-23672-148 with my logs.

One interesting note is that once I manually launched 1Password from the start menu, the crashing stopped.

• Hi @yippy3000,

Thanks for sending it in. The crash is related to the invalid Chrome certificate that failed due to lack of remote certificate authority check.

This is a bug that has been fixed internally, it'll be in the next beta update that we hope to have out later this week.

This discussion has been closed.