Why aren't the categories localized?

etrahretep
etrahretep
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Categories are shown in English. There shown in Dutch in my (pre 7) primary vault.
Always has been in version 6. Prefer to see it this way sInce using Dutch as my main language.
Any way to resolve this?

Kind regards

Peter

1Password Version: 7.0 b7
Extension Version: 7.0 b6
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5 bèta (17F35e)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @etrahretep

Are you using a 1Password membership or a standalone vault? Did that change between your use of v6 and v7?

Ben

• etrahretep
    etrahretep
    Community Member

Ben,

Thanks for the ultra quick reply!

Using a Family-membership now. Migrated the standalone 6 vault to the 7 version. Categories show in English. Extra added the old -icloud synced- vault to V7, which still show Dutch categories.

• I thought that might be the case. 1Password.com has not yet been translated, and with 1Password.com the category information is delivered to the client by the server.

Ben

• etrahretep
    etrahretep
    Community Member

Thanks Ben.

Just a thought. Wouldn't it be simpler to let the application fill in the localized text in a placeholder the server provides?

Peter

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018

That would probably be the case if we only had one application to worry about, but we have applications on Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and Chrome. Updating each of those for each translation would be a lot more work than updating the server. :) It’s a good thought though.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.