Feature request incremental sync

sebibob
sebibob
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

It would be nice to have the possibility to incremental sync between a local stored vault and a 1password menbership vault.

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: WIN 7, WIN10 and Linux Mint 18.3
Sync Type: Cloud and local
Referrer: forum-search:sync vaults

Comments

• Hi @sebibob,

Thanks for writing in.

Can you clarify the use case for this? Do you mean like backing up the standalone vault into your account, one-way sync?

For bi-directional sync, we have no plans to do this, the data structures between 1Password membership vault and standalone vaults are different, it is not possible to sync back from membership to the local vault. For an example, there are no Documents, no custom categories, and so on that exists in the standalone vault format.

• sebibob
    sebibob
    Community Member

in the Win Beta version there is the function to copy passwords and paste them into other vaults. that inspired me to think of an incremental sync. Such as with rsync.

my local vault is a copy of the vault I have in my user account. At the moment I change the changes I made with 1Password X by hand in my local vault. It would be nice to have an automatism for this.

• @sebibob: As MikeT mentioned, we have no plans for bi-directional sync here as the data structures are just too different for that to be practical, but we are aware of the desire for a local backup of 1Password account data. We don't know what such a backup would look like just yet, but it's something we're thinking about. It wouldn't take the form of a standalone vault, but the intent is for whatever solution we come up with to serve a similar purpose (and hopefully eliminate the need for such bi-directional syncing). :chuffed:

• sebibob
    sebibob
    Community Member

Thank you for the quick reply. It’s like the stones sing. Time is on my side. I’ll be waiting. Greetings from Emden.

• sebibob
    sebibob
    Community Member

It would be nice to have the sync function built in the 1Password CLI. but, enough of it

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the quick reply. It’s like the stones sing. Time is on my side. I’ll be waiting. Greetings from Emden.

@sebibob: Haha indeed, perhaps we can do something like that someday. :)

It would be nice to have the sync function built in the 1Password CLI. but, enough of it

Definitely hop on over to the CLI category. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you too! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.