1Password7 crashes when all items are deleted and the trash is emptied

RAPWare
RAPWare
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

As I couldn't find a way to delete a vault I tried deleting all items. After clearing the trash 1Password crashed with a pink border around the window. No matter what I tried I could not get rid of the window. I had to reboot my mac to get rid of it.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOX 10.13.4
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@RAPWare - sorry for the trouble! For future reference, if you have local (standalone) vaults, you can click on the Vault menu in your Mac's menubar, then choose "Delete (name of vault)." If the vault you want to remove is one you created in a 1password.com account, you'll need to delete that by signing into your account in a web browser, choosing "Manage" on the vault in question, and then clicking "More Actions" in the left sidebar and finally "Delete vault." If you're trying to remove one of the default vaults, they are not user-deletable.

I'm not quite sure from your message, but it sounds as if you're OK now, after restarting your Mac? If that's not the case, let us know. :)

• RAPWare
    RAPWare
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

I couldn't (and still can't) find a way to delete a stand alone vault.
    This is how my Vault menu looks:

I'm not quite sure from your message, but it sounds as if you're OK now, after restarting your Mac?

Everything was working ok after the reboot.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@RAPWare -- sorry; you have to switch to the vault in question in order to be able to delete it. You can't do it from "All Vaults" or from a different one. Use that vault menu to switch to the proper vault (the one you want to delete), and then check that Vault menu once more.

• RAPWare
    RAPWare
    Community Member

Ah.. that does the trick (except for the primary vault.. I guess there always must be a primary vault).
    Thanks.

• To delete the Primary vault select 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > uncheck allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts. The Primary vault can only be removed if there are no other standalone vaults left (it must be the last one deleted).

Ben

• RAPWare
    RAPWare
    Community Member

:)

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.