Please integrate with full featured browsers!

stec
stec
Community Member
edited September 2011 in iOS
I am really a fan of 1Password, especially due to it's multi platform ability (both in term of OS and browser). It really shine on MacOS, and the Windows version fulfill my needs when I am constrained to use it. But mobile versions are really less integrated and does shows the Agile touch!

Since I am a developer, I understand the difficulties you encounter, and I do not expect Apple to help really, but we need 1Password for iPad like it is on Mac, accessible from a full featured browser. Since Apple will be difficult to partner with, and you probably do not want to change your business in building the best browser ever for iPad, why not integrating with the many existing alternative browsers available from the AppStore ? Dolphin HD ? Diigo ? Knowtilus ? ... All of them?

For the editors of those browser, this integration could be a win-win operation.
WDYT?

Denis

Comments

• Hi stec,

Thanks for the input! This is definitely something we are looking into, however due to the sandboxing present on iOS, it isn't quite as simply as "plugging in" to another app, as is possible on the desktop. That isn't to say this option is dead and off the table, but it is going to take quite a bit of work.

Thanks again!
    Ben
  • stec
    stec
    Community Member
    Thanks for your answer.

What I was meaning is not to plugin, but to collaborate directly with existing browser editor, to have some code integrated in their browser to ensure proper integration. My currrent feeling is that this should be now the priority, since it would really improve our experience as a user.

Denis
  • Thanks for the feedback. :)
This discussion has been closed.