1Password 7 BETA-7 main window not locking

stillmoms
stillmoms
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Not sure if there's already a thread about this (apologies if there is, feel free to merge). In 1Password 7 BETA-7 on macOS 10.13.4, I'm experiencing an issue where if 1Password locks after time idle/screen going to sleep and I go to use it, the main window does not lock (still looks like it's open, shows selected vault and list of that vault's items). It lets me expand the list of vaults and select other ones. The only clue I have that something isn't right is that the right hand items do not update when changing vaults, selecting an item doesn't display any information, etc.

To get the app "un-stuck" I have to click on the 1Password mini icon in the menubar, at which point I'm prompted to Touch ID authenticate (or enter Master Password). At that point, 1Password's main window unlocks, but switches to showing me the contents of my "All Vaults", despite appearing in the sidebar as though the individual vault I was looking at is still selected. I can then select other vaults (or All Vaults) using the sidebar as per normal, and the app updates as expected.

This happened consistently, every time the screen locked, until I quit the 1Password main app and used 1Password mini to "Quit 1Password Completely", and re-launched. After a re-launch, the main window is now locking as expected. But I'm not sure how it got into the state it did. Is there anything I can provide to help replicate this issue?

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-7
Extension Version: 7.0.BETA-7
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• stillmoms
    stillmoms
    Community Member

I should point out that I did try quitting just the main 1Password app and re-opening it, but the issue persisted until I did the "Quit 1Password Completely" option via 1Password mini in the menubar.

• @stillmoms,

This should be fixed in Beta 8, assuming the team approves my PR for merge.

Rudy

• stillmoms
    stillmoms
    Community Member

@rudy Awesome! Does this also fix the issue this has also made me notice, which is that when unlocked, the main window always reverts back to a view of "All Vaults" instead of whatever vault was open before locking, despite the sidebar showing that vault as still the open one?

• @stillmoms,

That’s a preference. 1Password > Preferences > Vaults. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.