No edit button

TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

This is probably a dumb question, but I can't seem to find an edit button in any item in the application. There is an Edit button online, but not in the app. I found the edit function in the menus, but was curious about the thinking behind removing the edit button. It's what've allows used for years, and someone's moved my cheese.

1Password Version: 7b5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @TomWolsky,

The only scenario i'm aware of that the Edit button is completely gone is if you haven't applied your 1Password 7 standalone license or haven't signed into a non-frozen 1Password.com account.

do any of those apply here?

Rudy

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

"haven't signed into a non-frozen 1Password.com account"

I don't know what that is. I signed up for the trial period, gave in my credit card, which will charge in a couple of weeks. Is that what you mean? Still not clear why this feature would not be available in the application, while it is both online and in the mobile app, which I assume are syncing.

Has the whole process become way too obtuse?

• Revolution1210
    Revolution1210
    Community Member

Is it not just that the Edit button has moved? It used to be located bottom right, but has been moved to the top.
    Took me a while to actually see it :)

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thank you. Check for update seems to crash the updater for me.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@TomWolsky if you're using beta 7 currently the updater will crash. You need to update to beta 8 directly from this link. (Sorry if you're already on beta 8 but if you are and the updater is still crashing please let us know here.)

Stephen

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thanks Stephen. Yes, I'm still in 7b5 at the moment.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@TomWolsky - just following up here -- did installing BETA-8 solve your issue? (thanks once again to @Stephen_C for pointing you in the right direction).

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Yes, it did thank you.

• Fantastic :)

This discussion has been closed.