1PW7 Crashes (Untrusted certificate)

Tran
Tran
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I logged onto my desktop without internet. I had a firewall (via VPN software) blocking the internet connection. I accidentally opened Firefox (1P extension installed). From this point, a dialog prompts informing 1Password for Desktop has stopped working. This dialog appears every 20 seconds.

I fixed this by: (a) re-connecting to the internet; (b) right-click on 1P icon in system tray/notification area and exit; and (c) start 1Password for Desktop again

Also, the 1Password icon in Firefox was greyed out while this dialog prompted.

I seem to have trouble re-producing this...so it may be a one-off/rare event?? I generated a diagnostic report if you're interested.

Apart from this, 1Password 7 beta is shaping up nicely! I'm happy to continue supporting you guys when 7 is ready for public release.

1Password Version: 7.0.532.BETA
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @Tran: The greyed out icon is to be expected if the desktop app quit. The 1Password extension needs the desktop app's help to save and fill for you, so it's not terribly useful without the main app around. :+1:

1Password 7 should work fine offline, but depending how, exactly, your firewall blocks the internet, it's possible it may have done something 1Password didn't like. The diagnostics may be helpful in tracking down exactly what went wrong here, so I would like to take a look at them. If you haven't already, send them to support+windows@1password.com and include a link to this thread so we know why we're getting 'em. We'll take a peek and see what's what. Thanks! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.