Beta 8: browser extensions open the full app, nothing autofills

popthestack
popthestack
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

1Password 7
Version 7.0.BETA-8 (70000008)
AgileBits Beta

Just updated to beta 8 (from beta 5). When I click on the 1Password icon in Safari, Chrome, or Firefox the full 1Password comes to focus instead of opening the 1Password mini. I've tried removing extensions from the browsers and re-adding them. I've tried disabling and re-enabling them. Nothing seems to make any difference.

I'm going to post this and then try restarting the computer. If that doesn't work I'm going to uninstall and reinstall the app. I'll post a follow up here.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-8
Extension Version: 7.0.BETA-8
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• popthestack
    popthestack
    Community Member

Restarting the computer fixed it.

Other notes that might be helpful:

• Chrome and Safari were both open when I ran the beta 8 installer, but Firefox wasn't. Problem affected all 3.
    • Restarting browsers didn't fix it.
  • TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

In 7b8 it didn't work for me either in Safari. Still doesn't after reboot. Did work in Chrome, and once opened in Chrome, it would work in Safari for me. Good thing, 1P doesn't block reboot any more for me.

• Restarting the computer fixed it.

Thanks for the update. :)

In 7b8 it didn't work for me either in Safari. Still doesn't after reboot.

Do you have multiple instances of 1Password installed in Safari? You can check in Safari > Preferences > Extensions.

Ben

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Sorry Ben I didn't get a notification and didn't see this earlier, and I think that was directed at me. No, only one extension for 7b8.

• Hmm. I think in order to troubleshoot further we’ll need a diagnostic report. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/88897/
    • Your forum username: TomWolsky

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.