[Improvement] Icon Quality

hubpf
hubpf
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Majority of login cards icons look ugly with low quality, please help to improve this if possible

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @hubpf,

It appears you've been a bit unlucky there with some of the logins you use. The artwork for those particular icons is coming in upscaled from smaller images. Could you please post the URLs of the sites you are looking for Rich Icons for, along with high quality images that represent each?

We are currently adding icons manually as they’re requested, but it’s not always been that way. Indeed, we have tens of thousands of rich icons saved for different domains, and we certainly didn’t add them all manually. . :smile:

At this point, though, the process is manual. As such it may take a while before we are able to add any particular site. We hope to start automatically retrieving icons again soon, but with all the other super-cool-and-super-secret projects going on, it hasn’t happened just yet.

Here is an example, I see Asus is there:

Thank you in advance for your help with this!

• hubpf
    hubpf
    Community Member

I have 200+ cards, that's too many to post here... :)

• Doodler_Benji
    edited April 2018

Ah, that would indeed be quite a mammoth task, @hubpf !
    As I mentioned before, the icons are added and updated manually so we can only address the icons we know about appearing poorly and fixing them individually. Are all 200+ items appearing with poor quality rich icons?
    If you prefer to email a list of the urls, please do provide what you can to support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com
    We can take a look at them and do our best to identify better quality artwork and update them accordingly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hubpf: A URL to the icon you'd prefer on the website is ideal, as that will allow us to not only add the image to the database in the future, but — most importantly — match it to the correct login. Cheers! :)

• hubpf
    hubpf
    Community Member

I hand picked few common URLs and sent to @MikeT via an old inbox message. Please let me know if you cannot find it. By the way, I can no longer start new conversation in Inbox now.

• Thanks very much @hubpf - i'll follow up with Mike. :+1:

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @hubpf,

We don't allow new messages via forums here because it is a one-to-one private message and the rest of the team can't see it either. I've sent the list to Benji for you.

In the future, please email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com, that way the whole Windows team can help you with timely responses.

• Hi @hubpf,
    When you get time, please take a look at the icons for the items you provided URLs for.
    We've recently updated these icons with 512px artwork. If the updated artwork does not appear straight away, you might want to try editing / saving the items (without making any changes) to get the icon to check for its updated artwork.

• felipecalliari
    felipecalliari
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

Hi,

I too noticed about the poor quality of some icons. This may be occurring when the site offers the icon for several qualities (resolutions), some examples of sites that exhibit this problem are:

Some sites offer both (high resolution and/or low resolution), example:

ShareLaTeX, for example, offer various resolutions (html code):

<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico">

<link rel="icon" sizes="192x192" href="/touch-icon-192x192.png">

<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" href="/apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png">

<link rel="mask-icon" href="/mask-favicon.svg" color="#a93529">

Thanks,
    Felipe

• felipecalliari
    felipecalliari
    Community Member

Hello,

I believe that 1Password is getting the first icon available in the HTML code. For example:

<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico">
    <link rel="icon" sizes="192x192" href="/touch-icon-192x192.png">
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" href="/apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png">
    <link rel="mask-icon" href="/mask-favicon.svg" color="#a93529">

Thanks,
    Felipe

• @felipecalliari thank you for your comments here. We do not currently automatically pull icons from the html. As i mentioned above to Hubpf,

We are currently adding icons manually as they’re requested, but it’s not always been that way. Indeed, we have tens of thousands of rich icons saved for different domains, and we certainly didn’t add them all manually. . :smile:
    At this point, though, the process is manual. As such it may take a while before we are able to add any particular site. We hope to start automatically retrieving icons again soon, but with all the other super-cool-and-super-secret projects going on, it hasn’t happened just yet.

It could well be when we didn't do this manually, the favicon was used but we do update them all manually now upon request.
    It is worth noting that subdomains do get treated as their own url. So in your case of Ubisoft, you may well find that if you have two items one of each using the urls you posted, they may get different artwork if thats what we have stored.

I will put requests in for:
    https://pt.sharelatex.com
    https://www.springer.com
    https://account-uplay.ubi.com
    https://uplayconnect.ubi.com

• REDEEMED
    REDEEMED
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

As one who likes to select an icon from a file, I have noticed that 1Password 7 Beta on Windows 10 does not handle high resolution images well. They render just fine on 1Password.com and on my iPhone.

Just my two cents ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback! We'll see what we can do to make it clearer. :)

This discussion has been closed.