How to use Dropbox keychain in 1Password 7 beta

tsanchai
tsanchai
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I see no option that I can connect 7 beta to my Dropbox vault that I have been using with 1Passowrd 4 for Windows. it just use a vault stored on my Windows 10 notebook PC. When I update login from other device like Mac orphan iPad, the change do not show up in 1Passowrd 7 beta.

Can you advise me how to set 1Passowrd 7 beta to use my Dropbox vault please?

Thank for support and reply

1Password Version: 7 beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• tsanchai
    tsanchai
    Community Member

In my Dropbox folder on my windows 10 notebook PC, there are original 1Password.agilekeychain, which has been used by 1Password on iPad, IPhone, Android phone, and Mac, every changes I made sync across device gracefully., This include 1Passowrd 6 on my Windows 10 notebook PC as well. the sync is also fine foe 1Password beta 7 on Mac.

The only problem is with 1Passowrd 7 beta on Windows, where it use 1Passowrd.opvault in my Dropbox folder. it seems not syncing with 1Passowrd.agilekeychain. so all the changes I made in 1Password in other platform do not reflect in 1Passowrd 7 beta at all.

How to fix this? or lease 1Passowrd 7 for Windows is useless for me. Can any expert here help clarify and give me the fix so that all ccs ages I made on other and Windows 10 device (using 1Passowrd 7 beta) will sync as they supposed to be

help please

• tsanchai
    tsanchai
    Community Member

Can 1Password prior to version 7 on other platform like Mac, iPhone, Android phone and iPad use 1Passowrd.opvault instead of
    1passowod.agilekeychain?

my 1Passowrd on other platform still use 1Passowrd.agilekeychain, while my Windows 10 PC 1Pasword 7 beta is the only one convert my vault into OPvalult format. it seems to be one time conversion. And that is why change made iPod other device do not reflect on window 10 notebook PC using 1passowtprd 7 beta.

How to fix This? Can 1Passowrd 4 support OPvault? Can latest version of 1Passowrd on iPhone, Android support OPvalpult?

Can you please clarify and explain. this seems to be very confusing to me now

• tsanchai
    tsanchai
    Community Member

Will 1Passord 7 also support 1Password.agilekeychain format in the future similar to 1Passowrd 7 beta for Mac so I can continue to use 1Passowrd on all device. seems that windows 10 is the only one that force me to use OPvault format.

help please. mMake 1 Password 7 compatible with 1Passowrd.agilekeychain please

• tsanchai
    tsanchai
    Community Member

I have check 1Password 7 beta 7 (I Jhae upgraded to it) support 1Passowrd.agilekeychain on Dropbox, similar to 1Passowrd on Android, IOS, but why 1Password 7 on Windows 10 force to use only OPVault? can you include support for agilekeychain vault so that 1Passowrd 7 for Windows will work gracefulltpy with IOS, Mac, and Android platform. I am a paid standalone user of 1Passowrd, not using subscription, an I am so happy with it until now

Advise please

• tsanchai
    tsanchai
    Community Member

To summarize the situation this is what I found:

What happened to me is 1Password client on Mac (it’s 1Password 7 beta 7 now), Android, IOS are all using agilekeychain vault on Dropbox to sync. but 1Password 7 beta on my Windows 10 notebook PC forced convert agilekeychain to OPvault first time when I select the vault to use. This is a one way street. so changes made on other device to agilekeychain vault will never get updated to OPvault at all.

This is a disaster to 1Password to user like me who use standalone vault on Dropbox.

Can you make 1Password 7 for Windoepws to support agilekeychain like 1Password 7 for Mac.

I see no reason why you will not do so.

This will keep 1Password 7 to sync through all platforms.

Do not defeat the merits of 1Password by forcing us to use OPvault when 1Password clients on IOS and Android and Mac are not fully supporting it

fix please

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tsanchai: Since I've already replied to you here and Ben has already replied to you here, it sounds like you've already sorted things out by setting up all of your devices to sync with the same vault. In the future, please don't post the same thing in multiple places, as that just slows down the support process for everyone, including yourself. Thanks. :)

In case it helps anyone else, we don't have any plans to support the old AgileKeychain format since all platforms will work with OPVault going forward. So long as your devices are pointing to the same vault in Dropbox though that won't be a problem. Cheers! :)

• tsanchai
    tsanchai
    Community Member

Thank I have sorted out the problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it! Thanks for confirming. We're here if you have another question. :)

This discussion has been closed.