1password 7 beta suggestion

Options
swhitlow
swhitlow
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Loving the new 1password beta 7 (especially the speed of which it opens and gets me to the search bar).

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. For the "generated passwords", I really like generating word phrases. And it works well. Only problem is, sometimes the site makes it so you have to have a capital letter, a number and a special symbol, etc. And, I actually like to have that too on on my phrased passwords. Is there a way for you to add the ability to have a single capital letter, and then append special characters and/or numbers to the end of the phrases? I know I can add them in there. But, it would be better if the password generator function did this for me. :)

2. This is just a general question (not a request) but, is the iOS going to get that same speed increase for getting to the search bar like the mac version now has done? I have noticed more and more that 1password for iOS seems to be getting a little slower with getting to the search bar than it used to. Was just wondering if anything was going to be coming to boost that area as well.

Keep up the great work! Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.0 BETA 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS High Sierra
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@swhitlow - thanks so much for the positive feedback on 1Password 7 for Mac! We really appreciate every bit of feedback we get, though I won't lie here - the positive stuff is more fun to read. :)

In terms of your suggestions, we'll definitely take your wishes on #1 into account -- I can't say we'll DO it, but the password generator is something we're always going back and forth on. There's a struggle between not wanting to reward bad behavior by websites who insist that you have only certain symbol characters or that you must include a numeral after the second word, etc, and wanting to give users the most configurable generator we can. It's a delicate balance, and we appreciate your input on the subject.

Regarding iOS, it's not just a matter of applying perceived speed increases to the iOS version; they're entirely different operating systems (as I'm sure you know), so what makes one faster doesn't necessarily even work on another. However, I'll pass along your feedback on this issue as well to the iOS team. Thanks again for helping us road-test 1Password 7 for Mac! :)

This discussion has been closed.