v7.0.532 for Windows still thinks it is connected to OneDrive?

unhandledexception
unhandledexception
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

So I previously had the 1Password "app" installed on this system (6.x?), but uninstalled it due to... it seemed less stable than version 4.6.626. Yes, I went back to 4... forgive me.

Recently I installed 7.0.532, and it says that I have a OneDrive vault (but fails to authenticate). Attempting to "re-authenticate" to OneDrive... it sends me to 1Password.com. Looking through Release Notes, it sounds like version 6.5.400 would auto-migrate OneDrive to local folder sync. Perhaps not all of that code was carried into 7.0?

Anyhow, just wanted to report. I have a screenshot if you'd like. I think I'll "sign out" this "OneDrive" vault and just use the "On this PC" which is pointed at my OneDrive 1P directory...

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.0.532
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: OneDrive

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

So I previously had the 1Password "app" installed on this system (6.x?), but uninstalled it due to... it seemed less stable than version 4.6.626. Yes, I went back to 4... forgive me.

@unhandledexception: All is forgiven! After all, the new 1Password app is still very young. We appreciate you giving it a try in the past though and now with the version 7 beta. Your feedback is invaluable. :chuffed:

Recently I installed 7.0.532, and it says that I have a OneDrive vault (but fails to authenticate). Attempting to "re-authenticate" to OneDrive... it sends me to 1Password.com. Looking through Release Notes, it sounds like version 6.5.400 would auto-migrate OneDrive to local folder sync. Perhaps not all of that code was carried into 7.0?

Honestly I'm not quite sure what's going on there, as that's not something 1Password would handle. It sounds like maybe OneDrive is getting triggered and asking you to sign in. 1Password just isn't capable of doing that. I'd be interested to see the screenshot though if there's nothing sensitive in it. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Anyhow, just wanted to report. I have a screenshot if you'd like. I think I'll "sign out" this "OneDrive" vault and just use the "On this PC" which is pointed at my OneDrive 1P directory...

That will likely not work, and it may be best to reset the app anyway. So long as you have your 1Password data elsewhere, there's no harm in starting over with a clean slate so you can set it up the way you want. Let me know how it goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.