1Password 7 Beta 8 Duplicated all my entries

Options
sfwalter
sfwalter
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

I recently switched from a local vault to 1Password.com. I did the migration from one of my Macs with 1Password 7. I then installed 1Password 7 on another Mac. It noticed on the second Mac I had a local vault and I guess it migrated all those entries to my 1Password.com account.

Luckily the import added a tag to all the imported duplicated. So I was able to delete the duplicates quickly.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Beta 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sfwalter - thanks for reporting, and I'm glad to hear you were able to remove all the duplicates.

If you were previously using 1Password standalone synced across multiple devices, then you should only be importing data once -- otherwise yes, you'll get duplicates (or triplicates or...you get the idea). Once you've imported your standalone 1Password data into your account, then on the other instances of 1Password, instead of going through the import process, you can Start Over by deleting your data and beginning fresh with 1Password 7 for Mac as if you were a new user -- and just sign into your 1password.com account. After that, everything should be in good shape, synced through your 1password.com account. :)

This discussion has been closed.