1PW7 "1Password.opvault.backup" consuming too much cloud data cap

Superfandominatrix
Superfandominatrix
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Long term, the "1Password.opvault.backup" directory ought not be stored on Dropbox along with the "1Password.opvault" directory.

I have a free level Dropbox account (with historic data grants, I have 7.25gb space allocated to me) and the "1Password.opvault.backup" directory alone is consuming over 25% of my data cap.

I manually went into the directory and deleted all but the last 5 zip files, but that is not ideal. Furthermore, there should be some level of user configuration oversight on the back up process in the settings area. Example, how many days back ups to save or total backup size limit. This sort of configuration would help avoid the problem I've run into.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @Superfandominatrix,

Thanks for reporting this.

This will be fixed in the next update coming soon, all backups will be moved to 1Password's own backups directory. We'll continue to iterate the backup process to reduce the frequency as well as we continue to mature the overall standalone vault implementation. The overall plan is to keep 30 daily backups and 24 monthly backups.

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member

Perfect~ thank you as always.

• You're welcome. We're prepping for its release, hopefully today!

• @Superfandominatrix, the update is out now. It won't move the existing backups but it is now all backed up to %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\backups now.

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

@MikeT great, I just updated. Quick question, should I manually delete this directory: ...\Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password.opvault.backup ?

Also, I will go through and retest all the issues I raised in other posts. If they look problematic / closed, I will respond as such there.

• Hi @Superfandominatrix,

Quick question, should I manually delete this directory: ...\Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password.opvault.backup ?

I would remove everything except the first backup, save it since that's the first original backup prior to your first change in 1Password 7. Move the backup to your Documents > 1Password directory just in case.

This discussion has been closed.