Transfer subscription data to local vault

fcar
fcar
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

My subscription is running out on the last day of April and I need to get my data transferred to a local vault as per how I used the application before moving to Windows (I'm originally a Mac user). As AgileBits is well aware, 1Password 6 did not support local vaults but v7 already does. I understand that it's in Beta which is why I am making this request.

There is currently no way to move my entire data set from my subscription vault to a local vault.

I need to be able to do this.

With roughly 1,500 items it's absolutely important to me to be able to move my data from the subscription account to my local vault so I can retain access to all my data. This includes "documents" which used to be attachments but were detached from their respective items as the subscription vault did not support proper attachments.

I do not mind having to relink the "documents" to their respective items but I need to be able to move my data from the cloud vault to the local vault without any data loss.

Can AgileBits please confirm that this is going to be implemented. I do not wish to renew the subscription - I never wanted one, but it was the only way to avoid the unusable version 4.6 on Windows and still be able to create new items, as the more usable version 6 only allowed read-only mode for local vaults.

Also, Google Drive integration please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It costs me £1.59 per month for 100GB of Google Drive but several £££ extra for Dropbox.

1Password Version: 7.0.541
Extension Version: 4.7.1.3
OS Version: Windows 10 1803 build 17650
Sync Type: Dropbox (local) and 1P subscription

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi @fcar,

Thanks for writing in.

Do you remember when you migrated to 1Password account? I was wondering if you can open the previous vault file from 1Password 4 in 1Password 7 and then only copy the updated items from 1Password.com to the local vault you opened in 1Password 7.

The only big gotcha is Documents, there's nothing like it in the local vault format and another problem is that we still do not have a feature to download all Documents as once, it is something we plan to add in the future.

You can copy and move all items in your 1Password account to the new vault in 1Password 7 and it'll skip anything that cannot be transferred. Unfortunately, at this point, we don't log what was skipped and as mentioned, Documents is something we don't have a quick solution for, you'd have to manually download each document's attachment and attach to items in your local vaults. We do plan to improve this but at this moment, our focus is mainly to finish up the rest of OPVault support such as creating new custom icons, improved OPVault conversion that can be used to merge with existing vaults in other 1Password apps, and so on.

I do not wish to renew the subscription - I never wanted one, but it was the only way to avoid the unusable version 4.6 on Windows and still be able to create new items, as the more usable version 6 only allowed read-only mode for local vaults.

You do not have to renew, even if the subscription expires, you still can access and export your data any time after that. So, you should cancel it now to avoid being charged. The only time you can't access the data is when you manually delete the account completely.

Also, Google Drive integration please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It costs me £1.59 per month for 100GB of Google Drive but several £££ extra for Dropbox

1Password 7 for Windows supports Folder Sync, so, any cloud service can be used. Just save your new vault in your Google Drive and it'll sync to other computers. The two gotchas are:

1. 1Password 6/7 for Android do not yet support OPVault format via Folder Sync, only via Dropbox. This will be fixed in the near future.
    2. 1Password for iOS doesn't have anything close to Folder Sync, it's locked down to the point that this isn't feasible. We'd like to support it as soon as Apple hopefully extend their Files app to support internal sync between Files and apps.

Unfortunately, if you do use 1Password on your Android or iOS devices, you'd have to use Dropbox or 1Password.com service.

This discussion has been closed.