1PW7 - is the word "security" restricted in nested tags? Or maybe limit to bulk nested tag updates?

Superfandominatrix
Superfandominatrix
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

This is a bit of a weird one. For some reason, I can create a tag called "security", but I can not create nested tags under "security". I have a secure note that I am using a temp entry. If you recall, I had trouble before with the order of required steps to make nested tags. This is my process order:

• Step 1, I added the tag "security" to a single secure note. I verified the tag was created in the left panel, it's there, I can see it. Now I'm ready to nest other tags.
  • Step 2, attempt to add a nested tag to 30 different entries in one bulk action. I select all 30 entries, right click, select tags, scroll to bottom of the tag window, type "security/secretanswer". This category is made, but instead of having "secretanswer" nested under "security", it is at same level in tree.

Could you test this on your end and see if you can replicate? Tonight I recreated the old 1PW4 folders and replaced existing tag groups using a nested "category" tag, and I had no problem. I thought I was comfortable with this aspect of the new app version. For some reason when attempting this, I am just not able to make nesting work with the words "security" and "secretanswer".

See attached screen print. You can see I was able to do nested tags under "problem" no problems. After spending 15 minutes writing this up a second idea occurred. Maybe the issue is that I'm trying to nest 30 entries at once?

1Password Version: 1Password 7.0.541
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Winn8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Superfandominatrix: Hmm. Interesting. Can you tell me what you mean by "nest 30 entires at once"? I'm able to create a nested tag under security, but I suspect I may just be doing something differently:

To be clear, I was able to right-click multiple items and assign this same tag as well. Let me know what you find!

• MikeT
    edited April 2018

Hi guys,

I've figured out the problem, it's the other tags that have security in it.

I was able to break the formatting of nested tags once there's another tag that has security in it.

Remove the other security tag and it works:

It's a bug in the UI area where it nests based on the tag name, I suspect without the actual / in it, it is not nesting it properly due to identical first word. We will rebuild the matching logic soon.

ref: OPW-2139

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member

Okay cook, I was wondering if I was off the plot or something. What I will do is use some other name instead of "security", to get around this so I won't be impacted by it while a fix in the works.

• Yep, hopefully, this won't be a long fix.

This discussion has been closed.