Anchors from 1P Mini insist on being on the same Desktop as the main application

Options
Richard Flynn
Richard Flynn
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I just did a quick search and couldn't see anyone else reporting this bug, so I apologize if you already know about it! I use different Desktops quite extensively, so this one's quite annoying for me.

Steps to produce

1. Open the main 1Password application
  2. Switch to a different Desktop (space)
  3. Open 1Password mini from the menu bar, choose an item, and either anchor it or Edit it.

Expected behaviour

The break-out window from 1Password mini would open and stay anchored in the Desktop (space) where you are working

Actual behaviour

The break-out window appears briefly in your current Desktop, and then you are moved to the Desktop where the main 1Password application is open. It is impossible to move the break-out window to your other Desktop because it disappears with Exposé, and can't be dragged across Desktop boundaries.

Additional information

1Password 7.0 Beta 9
MacOS 10.13.4
Also running TotalSpaces to manage Desktops (sorry, I know it’s a hack, and I've not had a chance to see if this bug also exists in a vanilla environment)

1Password Version: 7.0.Beta9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi @Richard Flynn

I've just tried it myself. What I've found is that when you detach an item in the other space, it'll stay there until you switch to the space with the main app window, then it wants to move over. But I am able to drag it back to the other space without any problems. And it'll stay there until I switch back to the space with the main app window again.

Either way, that's not desired behaviour, and we’ll look into a proper solution.

Thanks for taking the time to report it!

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: apple-898

• Richard Flynn
    Richard Flynn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_kevin!

• Ben
    Options

Good find, @Richard Flynn. :+1: :)

Ben

• donmcnel
    donmcnel
    Community Member
    Options

I'd just like to add that I also find that attempting to "anchor" a breakout window opened using the 1Password browser extension only results in that breakout window being opened in the same space as the browser if the breakout is opened using Cmd-O. If opened using the icon in the upper right corner of the detail view, it is opened in the Space in which the 1Password app is running. If you switch to the 1Password Space the breakout window moves to it as ag_kevin notes.

The old "Anchor" icon in the lower left of the detail view is no more? That had worked as expected with respect to Spaces thru 1Password 6. I guess I'm not clear on how functionality of the new icon in the upper right is supposed to differ from the functionality of the old anchor.

Using 1Password 7 Beta9 and Safari 11.1 and macOS 10.13.4

Thanks for a great app. Just trying to help keep it great.

Don

• Ben
    Options

Thanks Don. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.