Matching sub-domains [No plans for this]

Options
124»

Comments

• mk24
    mk24
    Community Member
    Options

This is the first time I read a discussion started 2 years ago with a problem, many people has this problem a plenty of times in a day, some people provide a solution, but the dev team doesn't seem to listen our voices. Because we are nerds.
    So because I'm a nerd I will have this problem every day, for always.
    This is a criticism, but is sad think that in over 2 years noone has thought to resolve this annoying problem.

• Ben
    Options

@mk24

I'm sorry to hear you're affected by this situation. Many of us here are nerds too. I'll be sure to let development know this is still an issue for you.

Ben

• ggsm
    ggsm
    Community Member
    Options

It's sad that this issue is sill not resolved. This was the only reason I've switched over to Enpass. I would love to come back but without a solution for this problem 1Password just don't fit my core requirements :(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ggsm:

I am sorry to hear this. I hope we will manage to have you back to using 1Password in the future.

• sebonepassword
    sebonepassword
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue, would love for this to be resolved!

• blissfool
    blissfool
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this with several sites but I guess one that might impact bigger user base (maybe), is Target's main site (https://www.target.com) and their RedCard site (https://rcam.target.com). They maintain separate logins for each site. It's fine for the main site, but when I visit the the RedCard site, the login for the main site is listed first and I keep accidentally selecting it. It's a minor annoyance and I've learned to be more careful about it, but I still do make the mistake time to time.

Another site, that I use time to time is UserVoice which provides support site for different companies. I use to have account with feedly.uservoice.com (which no longer exists) and I've recently needed to access microsoftteams.uservoice.com and I had to create a new account. It appears they maintain separate account for each site. If so, some people will probably run into similar issues, although, again, it will probably be minor.

• Ben
    Options

Our development team has taken a hard look at this and has decided that the current behavor is what is likely to have the best outcome for the most people. As such, unless the landscape shifts, this is how I would expect 1Password to continue to function for the foreseeable future. I realize that isn't the answer folks in this thread were hoping for, but I hope you can understand our position. We are trying to build 1Password so that it is accessable to a broad audience, and having options like "sub-domain matching" present limits that.

Ben

• Perm1990
    Perm1990
    Community Member
    Options

Please, reconsider! I need that strict domain matching too!

• craig_francis
    craig_francis
    Community Member
    Options

I think the ordering has basically fixed this (full matches first)... and I think I agree with Ben / 1Password that trying to make some entries appear with strict sub-domain only matching would be tricky.

That said, the iOS version could do with a tweak ;-)

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/94806/

This discussion has been closed.