No User or PW fill in

petermarcos
petermarcos
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Still having some random issues with both the app or mini not filling in logins, also sometimes it won't lock with either keystroke or pulldown in menu, running Beta v9, it will lock initially, but after several go arounds, will not lock and have to quit app. Login is the main issue, it will launch browser and take me to site but sometimes it will take me to my Home page or when I have browser open and try to login I get no fill either in user or PW, it will take me to site but just won't fill. I do highlight "open & fill" in app or mini in menu bar, it's a little annoying to copy & fill user and PW, Chrome is main browser, with beta extension 4.7.1.3 loaded. With V. 6 I never had a problem with any site, so pretty sure it's not the sites. Any suggestions guys or gals? Thanks so much...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @petermarcos,

By any chance do you use multiple Chrome profiles, either one at a time or concurrently?

• petermarcos
    petermarcos
    Community Member

No, only have one Chrome account. It's one of the sites that will fill login and PW.

• petermarcos
    petermarcos
    Community Member

Follow-up; I do have an G-Mail account, but do not use it on my Mac, strictly for my phone, which I have 1Password on it, however have zero problems with phone and 1Password. I do have a Drop Box account (Gmail & Mac Mail) that I can access with either account.
    1Password version; Beta 7 v9
    Beta extension 4.7.1.3
    High Sierra 10.13.4

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

Greetings @petermarcos,

There was a misunderstanding but I'm suspecting you don't use Chrome profiles either. Chrome profiles are a way of maintaining multiple, discrete copies of Chrome in terms of bookmarks, extensions, browser history and so on. Some people find it useful for separating work from personal for example. Their use doesn't require a Google account (thankfully).

We are aware of certain issues surrounding filling. If Chrome is not already open then open-and-fill will fail. I know that multiple Chrome profiles with our extension installed in more than one can also cause problems, a regression from 1Password 6.

Outside certain issues though open-and-fill should work. Let's say the fill part of open-and-fill fails for whatever reason. If you're on the sign-in page for a site that you normally use 1Password to fill, what happens if you use the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ to fill the open page?

• petermarcos
    petermarcos
    Community Member

Hey littlebobbytables,
    Hmmm, that appears to work, however, sometimes it redirects me to a login/create request, when I click "login" it redirects to a new page to user/password which it will fill, (user/PW) with no additional keystrokes, others it goes directly to "login" and fills info, unusual, as prior version didn't do that, all the sites are original login sites from v6. I have tried LastPass from Safari with same sites/login and it works fine, just double checking "login sites" to make sure data is correct in 1Password. I don't have browser extension loaded in Safari. Are you experiencing less problems with Safari? I could try using it as default browser. Again as a Beta it works pretty well, just some additional tweaks... waiting for the next beta release. Thanks so much.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed. The new Safari app extension definitely has some rough edges yet, but we'll get them ironed out. Thanks so much for your feedback on this, and for participating in the beta in the first place! :)

• petermarcos
    petermarcos
    Community Member

Greeting brenty
    When I quit 1Password this is what I see in menu bar, granted it's not running, any insight as to the "phantom" remnants? It's done this from the beginning of beta. Still have the not locking issue, that I can live with. Workaround with no fills works pretty well leaving browser open, for the most part, still a couple of sites don't play well with 1Password. Thanks Team.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@petermarcos: Are you sure you actually quit 1Password, and not just the main window? This is a bit different from version 6, as it's a unified app now. Are you seeing it running in Activity Monitor? To be clear, you should, since otherwise you won't be able to use it in the browser. I'm not suggesting you quit 1Password completely (unless you really really want to for some reason), just trying to offer some perspective. Let me know!

• petermarcos
    petermarcos
    Community Member

brenty, I appreciate the perspective but I'm sure I quit, the primary reason I do is the inability to hide 1PW, I have minimized the window at times. Screen shot; after I quit 1PW it appears after app has quit,(or appears to quit) if I click in menu bar there is no response from any menu functions related to 1PW. I click desktop and "phantom" 1PW menu disappears and goes to finder menu and force quit shows 1PW not running. I will check Activity Monitor next time. It's a random and unrepeatable issue, seems to happen after multiple logins though. Quitting 1PW does not actually quit sometimes, if I click in Dock on 1PW after quit, it reappears open and logged in, so my process is to lock-then quit, as quitting from menu doesn't always quit & I get that phantom menu. Control/Option/Quit (from 1PW menu) will quit 1PW though. I hope that clarifies to some extent what's happening.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@petermarcos: Thanks for the additional info! If you haven't already, be sure to update, as that might help. And if you run into this again definitely let me know. :)

• petermarcos
    petermarcos
    Community Member

brenty, and help it did, ran latest update, glad to say no issues to date at this point, lock with no issues, hides as well, login's seems fine, the only aberrant behavior is when I quit the app it doesn't actually quit, doesn't show in "force quit" attaching a screen shot of Activity Monitor, if I click on 1PW in dock it opens without asking for password, aside from that, Great work AgileBits Team, and a thanks to you brenty and littlebobbytables for your patience with my issues with 1Password. (screen shot is CPU usage)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@petermarcos: 1Password should continue running in the background unless you quit it completely (⌘ ⌥ ⌃ Q) so that it can be used in the browser. While running, 1Password will also respect your settings in Preferences > Security, so it will not lock until one of those conditions are met (or you lock it manually). I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.