Restore from trash, move to a new vault, item in new vault and trash

kdeen
kdeen
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Like the original poster in this discussion, I have many items in the trash.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/88450/feature-request-delete-one-entry-from-trash#latest

I am trying the suggestion of restoring items from the trash and moving them to a new vault. The problem is that I end up with the restored item in the new vault and in the trash. Here is the procedure I am following.

I restore an item from the trash. The item is successfully restored to my primary vault and removed from the trash. I then move the restored item to a new vault. The item is successfully moved to the new vault; however, the item then reappears in the trash (and shows as in its original vault, not the new vault).

Let me know if you need any additional info.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-9 (70000009)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018

@kdeen: Sorry for the confusion! That's expected, and working as designed; 1Password has always worked that way. "Move" is just "Copy" + "Delete". So the item is being copied to the destination vault and then sent to the Trash in the original vault. That way you can undo things if needed (by restoring from the Trash in the original vault). I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• kdeen
    kdeen
    Community Member

@brenty: OK. Thanks for the update.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kdeen - no worries; it's not the most obvious procedure. But if you right-click on the Trash, you'll be able to choose "Empty Trash" if you want to remove those items permanently.

This discussion has been closed.