1password7 Beta - Right click - Missing 1password item in Safari?

Options
mtrachtenberg
mtrachtenberg
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Greetings.

Old behavior - Right click in a browser window, while on a UserID field, 1 password item was visible in "pop-up" list.

Beta - No item displayed on right click on Safari? Has this been dropped from new version or pending dev?
Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome work!

Browser versions....
Safari Version 11.1 (13605.1.33.1.2) on MacOS 10.13.4 - Right click = Fail
Chrome Version 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Right click = OK
Firefox 59.0.2 (64-bit) - Right click = OK

1Password 7
Version 7.0.BETA-9 (70000009)
AgileBits Beta

Thanks!

Myles T.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-9 (70000009)
Extension Version: 7.0.BETA-9 (70000009)
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mtrachtenberg: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! This was removed because it did not work within the Safari app extension we're using, and frankly it was never very functional to begin with since all it did was open 1Password mini. You can still do that using the following methods:

• Click the 1Password menu bar icon in macOS
    • Click the 1Password toolbar icon in Safari
    • Press ⌘ \ to fill (on sites where many or no logins are saved)
    • Press ⌘ ⌥ \ to open 1Password mini (any time, any where)

Again, I'm sorry that threw you off a bit. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: apple-358

• mtrachtenberg
    mtrachtenberg
    Community Member
    Options

Brent - Thanks for the update. Threw me off! But we're going to need to work on the behavior of suggested keystrokes. Mini will not always pass data to field in focus. Need some regression testing here... mini is buggy in Safari Version 11.1.1 (13605.2.3) . MT

• Ben
    Options

I don't think which field has focus has ever been a factor in filling with the 1Password extension. 1Password X takes this into account though, I believe. Please let us know specifically what issues you're having (e.x. URL to login page, fields that are not filled, etc) and we'll be happy to investigate further.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.