my browser extension stops working almost daily. I have to reinstall to make it work.

dduncan813
dduncan813
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

my browser extension stops working almost daily. I have to reinstall to make it work.
1 Password 6.8.8
Extension Beta 7.0 Beta -5
Extension 4.7.0

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my browser extension stops working almost daily. I have to reinstall to make it work.

Comments

• dduncan813
    dduncan813
    Community Member

Safari 11.1

• Hi @dduncan813

You’ve posted this in the iOS category but based on the version numbers you posted I suspect this is actually a Mac issue? Could you please confirm? Additionally... you mentioned you were using the beta extension. Do you experience this same issue with the stable version?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Ben

• dduncan813
    dduncan813
    Community Member

Ops. Yes this is a Mac issue. The stable version has to be installed for it to work. It doesn't work with the beta version

• dduncan813
    dduncan813
    Community Member

I thought of trying to delete the beta version, but a dialoge box tells me I have to delete the beta version of 1Password

• @dduncan813

Okay. I moved this over to the Mac beta forum category. Do you have both 1Password 6 and 1Password 7 beta installed? If so that’ll almost certainly be the cause here. They cannot run side-by-side.

Ben

• dduncan813
    dduncan813
    Community Member

Looking in Finder, I see that I have two versions of 1Password.

• That would be the problem. :) Please remove one of them (move to the trash, empty trash, and reboot; do not use a “cleaner” / “uninstaller” utility).

Ben

• dduncan813
    dduncan813
    Community Member

I get a message that I have two sets of data and recommending that I delete the oldest. Ok to do this first before moving one version to trash?

• As always we’d recommend making a backup before making any changes. Time Machine is a beautiful thing. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.